I Have a Batman Tattoo (or Battoo)

It’s a small (about the width of a silver dollar) rendition of the Batman symbol, on my hip.

Batman Symbol Tattoo

I got it in college. No, I wasn’t drunk.Yes, I really, really like Batman. Yes, Freud would probably have a lot to say about my motives for fixating on this particular character. Of course, Freud seemed to have a bit of a fixation on the phallus, so maybe somebody’s dead ass needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and shut up about my tattoo, already.

(Long. Hard. Heh.)

Anyway, I’m already considering getting another tattoo: The Batman Begins version of the Bat-symbol. Going to give it the “see if it’s still a good idea in six months” test, first, though. What say you?

Want to see more Batman tattoos and other geeky curiosities? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS. It’s free.

You might also like...

• Cindi April 20, 2007, 2:50 pm

I think I know just a little bit too much about you right now.

• Great White Snark April 20, 2007, 3:13 pm

Doesn’t everyone?

• Cindi April 20, 2007, 3:56 pm

Well, I guess that is one of the characteristics of your generation.

What I want to know is, did it hurt?

• Nima April 20, 2007, 4:28 pm

How about the “other” tattoo on your male unit? “W-E-N-D-Y” was the name of your super-model ex who crushed your soul and left it on the side of the road? You kno the tat I’m talking about… the one that EXPANDS to read “Welcome to Jamaica Man! Have a nice day.”

• Great White Snark April 20, 2007, 5:18 pm

I had that laser-removed. That was not a good day.

• nickolai April 22, 2007, 4:33 pm

sexy.

• Great White Snark April 22, 2007, 5:15 pm

Devastatingly.

• Mylio April 23, 2007, 8:14 am

Some furry lifestylers believe they have a totem animal that watches over them, or that they are the reincarnation of an animal spirit.

Some lifestylers also adopt physical attributes of an animal, such as hair styles, tattoos, and clothing or jewelry that emulate the physical appearance of animals.

Should we be expecting to start chilling – while hanging upside down???

• Great White Snark April 23, 2007, 10:18 am

While I’ glad you’re enjoying your research into the furry lifestyle, I’m not sure what that has to do with my Batman tattoo.

• Mylio April 23, 2007, 3:56 pm

I think you should have gotten a robin tatoo. Not sure you “deserve” a Batman tatoo !!!!$%&^*%$&%

• Great White Snark April 23, 2007, 4:39 pm

Ah. That’ll teach me to respond to comments before I’ve shaken the cobwebs loose.

With that… thank you for your incredibly meaningful contribution. May horny furries bless you with a midnight visit.

• sharon September 29, 2007, 2:00 pm

take your new design, put on fridge.
    if you can stare at it every morning while reaching for the o.j. and not jump back in revulsion, then you should get it.

• Lara October 14, 2007, 8:00 pm

Well, I think It’s really cool! And you ought to go for the other one, too. :)

I’ve got a Batman tattoo, too. Actually, a tribal-ized version of the Superman/Batman logo.

• Anim8or October 20, 2007, 6:56 am

OK… the batman tattoo is nice, but I say if you do something then commit to it…. so… For your next, you should get a proper-sized batman symbol right smack in the center of your chest.

If it was me, it would be shoulder to shoulder, but I think the circle with the bat symbol (bat suit sized) would be an awesome conversation piece.

• jane eden October 26, 2007, 4:28 am

try going to a professional who can actually tattoo for your next one, huh?

• Great White Snark October 26, 2007, 11:54 am

Hello, “Jane.” Sage advice, I’ll take that under consideration.

For your next comment, try contributing something useful. Not that we don’t enjoy lazy sarcasm around here…

• jane eden October 27, 2007, 8:21 am

Well, gee.
    The comment wasn’t ‘useful’ because you didn’t like it, eh? But actually that WAS something useful.
    The hidden ‘useful’ message would read “Tattoos last forever. Go too someone who knows what they are doing!”
    Your ‘batman’ logo is exactly the type of work I always have to cover with better craftsmanship and designs in my shop year round.
    Still, I’m glad that you are taking my advice ‘under consideration’.
    Just so I don’t come off sounding like a total jerk…I’m sure that you could find a decent artist in your aria who could ‘cover’ it with a slightly larger but beautifully done batman logo.

• Great White Snark October 27, 2007, 11:35 am

Jane, apologies for jumping down your throat. Talk about lazy… I’m re-reading my response, and it was unnecessarily harsh. Now I think I understand where you were coming from… you often see people who you could have saved from the angst of bad art and having to get ‘touch ups’.

I know it’s not beautiful (especially not in this picture), but for what it is… being so small… I’m actually fine with my tattoo. In real life it actually doesn’t look bad at all.

• jane eden October 28, 2007, 4:39 am

that’s cool. Tattoos are notoriously difficult to photograph. the black in tattoo photos often comes out looking blueish. I was a bit flip in my judgment. Good luck with future tattoos.

• Thomas December 5, 2007, 9:44 am

I got the symbol from “Speeding Bullets” over my heart.

• Josh Battin January 9, 2008, 10:44 pm

i have a batman tattoo also, it’s similar to the ‘begins’ version, but more akin to the Alex Ross painted chest logo. if you wanna see it just go to my myspace page (i know, myspace sucks these days, but as i’ve become a father website development takes a backseat.) before some of you tattoo officionados(sp?) start seething about how bad it looks, that would be my fault. I fudged ‘putting the lotion on the skin’ for a day and it healed like this. though i kinda like how the lighter parts make it look leathery.

• Josh Battin January 9, 2008, 10:45 pm

oh, by the by, it’s in my ‘pictures’ section in case anyone can’t find it

• Tattoo Pictures January 22, 2008, 9:07 am

Nice tat, not too big and not too small. As for the new tattoo, I say go for it!

• toys August 2, 2008, 7:46 am

Batman is cool, but not sure about getting a huge tattoo with the batman logo. I guess, since it’s so small, that’s still kinda cool but you must really, really like batman. At least your tat shows that you’re serious about it. It probably shows up those who claim to be purists but aren’t really… anyway, when it comes to Freud, I really think that he came up with a whole lot of junk that really isn’t true but only seems true. I’m not really a big fan of him.

• Haley April 13, 2011, 10:15 am

I have the Batman logo on my lower back (or trampstamp) I love it.