Site Search

Sponsors

Arts & Entertainment Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

« | Main | »

I Have a Batman Tattoo (or Battoo)

By Great White Snark | April 19, 2007

It’s a small (about the width of a silver dollar) rendition of the Batman symbol, on my hip.

Batman Symbol Tattoo

I got it in college. No, I wasn’t drunk.Yes, I really, really like Batman. Yes, Freud would probably have a lot to say about my motives for fixating on this particular character. Of course, Freud seemed to have a bit of a fixation on the phallus, so maybe somebody’s dead ass needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and shut up about my tattoo, already.

(Long. Hard. Heh.)

Anyway, I’m already considering getting another tattoo: The Batman Begins version of the Bat-symbol. Going to give it the “see if it’s still a good idea in six months” test, first, though. What say you?

Want to see more Batman tattoos and other geeky curiosities? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS. It’s free.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS.
You may also like these stories:
  • Another Inexplicable Batman Back Tattoo – GWS Reader Ink
  • Batman Symbol Tattoo Looks Better with Leather – GWS Reader Ink
  • GWS Reader Ink – Tribal Batman Superman Logo Tattoo
  • Topics: Batman, Batman Tattoos, Tattoos, Updates | 32 Comments »

Tags: , ,

32 Responses to “I Have a Batman Tattoo (or Battoo)”

1. Wavatar Cindi Says:
      April 20th, 2007 at 2:50 pm

I think I know just a little bit too much about you right now.

2. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      April 20th, 2007 at 3:13 pm

Doesn’t everyone?

3. Wavatar Cindi Says:
      April 20th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Well, I guess that is one of the characteristics of your generation.

What I want to know is, did it hurt?

4. Wavatar Nima Says:
      April 20th, 2007 at 4:28 pm

How about the “other” tattoo on your male unit? “W-E-N-D-Y” was the name of your super-model ex who crushed your soul and left it on the side of the road? You kno the tat I’m talking about… the one that EXPANDS to read “Welcome to Jamaica Man! Have a nice day.”

5. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      April 20th, 2007 at 5:18 pm

I had that laser-removed. That was not a good day.

6. Wavatar nickolai Says:
      April 22nd, 2007 at 4:33 pm

sexy.

7. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      April 22nd, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Devastatingly.

8. Wavatar Mylio Says:
      April 23rd, 2007 at 8:14 am

Some furry lifestylers believe they have a totem animal that watches over them, or that they are the reincarnation of an animal spirit.

Some lifestylers also adopt physical attributes of an animal, such as hair styles, tattoos, and clothing or jewelry that emulate the physical appearance of animals.

Should we be expecting to start chilling – while hanging upside down???

9. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      April 23rd, 2007 at 10:18 am

While I’ glad you’re enjoying your research into the furry lifestyle, I’m not sure what that has to do with my Batman tattoo.

10. Wavatar Mylio Says:
      April 23rd, 2007 at 3:56 pm

I think you should have gotten a robin tatoo. Not sure you “deserve” a Batman tatoo !!!!$%&^*%$&%

11. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      April 23rd, 2007 at 4:39 pm

Ah. That’ll teach me to respond to comments before I’ve shaken the cobwebs loose.

With that… thank you for your incredibly meaningful contribution. May horny furries bless you with a midnight visit.

12. Wavatar Great White Snark » Blog Archive » This guy makes your obsession with toys seem healthy. Says:
      April 24th, 2007 at 12:11 am

[...] I have a Batman tattoo. I really don’t need to push the fanboy envelope any [...]

13. Wavatar Great White Snark » Blog Archive » Blogadilla.com. My home away from home. Says:
      May 22nd, 2007 at 12:22 am

[...] double my geek cred… and I’ve got the pictures to prove it.  This might even out-do my Batman tattoo.  You be the judge. digg_url = [...]

14. Wavatar Great White Snark » Blog Archive » More differences between geeks and nerds: Tattoos. Says:
      June 8th, 2007 at 12:58 pm

[...] as I’ve told you (several times), I’ve got a tattoo of the Batman symbol on my [...]

15. Wavatar Geekiest Super-Tattoos of Comic-Con International 2007 | Great White Snark Says:
      July 30th, 2007 at 3:47 pm

[...] wonder how many tattoos were “stealth,” like mine.  Probably not many.  Most superfans at Comic-Con don’t just wave their freak-flag… [...]

16. Wavatar Kung Fu Rodeo » Blog Archive » Worst Tattoo In The World Says:
      August 21st, 2007 at 8:28 am

[...] [found via] Spread the word! Related Articles: How-To: Make Your Own Ghetto Superman Tattoo [...]

17. Wavatar sharon Says:
      September 29th, 2007 at 2:00 pm

take your new design, put on fridge.
      if you can stare at it every morning while reaching for the o.j. and not jump back in revulsion, then you should get it.

18. Wavatar Lara Says:
      October 14th, 2007 at 8:00 pm

Well, I think It’s really cool! And you ought to go for the other one, too. :)

I’ve got a Batman tattoo, too. Actually, a tribal-ized version of the Superman/Batman logo.

19. Wavatar Batman Superman Logo Tattoo » Great White Snark Says:
      October 18th, 2007 at 1:49 am

[...] I have a Batman tattoo [...]

20. Wavatar Anim8or Says:
      October 20th, 2007 at 6:56 am

OK… the batman tattoo is nice, but I say if you do something then commit to it…. so… For your next, you should get a proper-sized batman symbol right smack in the center of your chest.

If it was me, it would be shoulder to shoulder, but I think the circle with the bat symbol (bat suit sized) would be an awesome conversation piece.

21. Wavatar jane eden Says:
      October 26th, 2007 at 4:28 am

try going to a professional who can actually tattoo for your next one, huh?

22. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      October 26th, 2007 at 11:54 am

Hello, “Jane.” Sage advice, I’ll take that under consideration.

For your next comment, try contributing something useful. Not that we don’t enjoy lazy sarcasm around here…

23. Wavatar jane eden Says:
      October 27th, 2007 at 8:21 am

Well, gee.
      The comment wasn’t ‘useful’ because you didn’t like it, eh? But actually that WAS something useful.
      The hidden ‘useful’ message would read “Tattoos last forever. Go too someone who knows what they are doing!”
      Your ‘batman’ logo is exactly the type of work I always have to cover with better craftsmanship and designs in my shop year round.
      Still, I’m glad that you are taking my advice ‘under consideration’.
      Just so I don’t come off sounding like a total jerk…I’m sure that you could find a decent artist in your aria who could ‘cover’ it with a slightly larger but beautifully done batman logo.

24. Wavatar Great White Snark Says:
      October 27th, 2007 at 11:35 am

Jane, apologies for jumping down your throat. Talk about lazy… I’m re-reading my response, and it was unnecessarily harsh. Now I think I understand where you were coming from… you often see people who you could have saved from the angst of bad art and having to get ‘touch ups’.

I know it’s not beautiful (especially not in this picture), but for what it is… being so small… I’m actually fine with my tattoo. In real life it actually doesn’t look bad at all.

25. Wavatar jane eden Says:
      October 28th, 2007 at 4:39 am

that’s cool. Tattoos are notoriously difficult to photograph. the black in tattoo photos often comes out looking blueish. I was a bit flip in my judgment. Good luck with future tattoos.

26. Wavatar Batman Chest Tattoo » Great White Snark Says:
      November 8th, 2007 at 1:29 am

[...] I have a Batman tattoo [...]

27. Wavatar Thomas Says:
      December 5th, 2007 at 9:44 am

I got the symbol from “Speeding Bullets” over my heart.

28. Wavatar Josh Battin Says:
      January 9th, 2008 at 10:44 pm

i have a batman tattoo also, it’s similar to the ‘begins’ version, but more akin to the Alex Ross painted chest logo. if you wanna see it just go to my myspace page (i know, myspace sucks these days, but as i’ve become a father website development takes a backseat.) before some of you tattoo officionados(sp?) start seething about how bad it looks, that would be my fault. I fudged ‘putting the lotion on the skin’ for a day and it healed like this. though i kinda like how the lighter parts make it look leathery.

29. Wavatar Josh Battin Says:
      January 9th, 2008 at 10:45 pm

oh, by the by, it’s in my ‘pictures’ section in case anyone can’t find it

30. Wavatar Tattoo Pictures Says:
      January 22nd, 2008 at 9:07 am

Nice tat, not too big and not too small. As for the new tattoo, I say go for it!

31. Wavatar toys Says:
      August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 am

Batman is cool, but not sure about getting a huge tattoo with the batman logo. I guess, since it’s so small, that’s still kinda cool but you must really, really like batman. At least your tat shows that you’re serious about it. It probably shows up those who claim to be purists but aren’t really… anyway, when it comes to Freud, I really think that he came up with a whole lot of junk that really isn’t true but only seems true. I’m not really a big fan of him.

32. Wavatar Haley Says:
      April 13th, 2011 at 10:15 am

I have the Batman logo on my lower back (or trampstamp) I love it.

Comments