There were five things to enjoy about the original Starship Troopers film:
1) The sensation accompanying this statement: “Hey, that’s Doogie Howser! Where the eff has he been?”
2) The co-ed shower scene. So much nudity and bad acting that it crossed into the realm of the surreal.
3) Actress Dina Meyer‘s topless love scene as Dizzy “Diz” Flores.
4) Diz. Her name is Diz. Ha!
5) The use of Blur’s catchy song, “Song 2,” in the trailers. It effectively fooled you into thinking the movie would be fun.
Note that I didn’t mention the piss-poor plot, the uninspired action, or “actor” Casper Van Dien.
Van Dien, with one of his peers.
Sony Pictures continues to recklessly disregard my input, because they’re making a second sequel that involves none of Doogie Howser and naked Diz, and a lot of bad plot, bad action, and bad Casper Van Dien.