Gallery of Costumes from Comic-Con International 2007 – Part Two

I’m going to keep posting pictures of nerds in superhero costumes until Hollywood stops making Star Trek movies or Karl Rove stops eating babies. Either way, everyone wins.

There’s something about these guys that tells me they wouldn’t actually have participated in the Crusades…

Leather-fetish Batman

Crazy old cat ladies… but not the kind to which you’re accustomed.

Obviously not the real Joker. He’s paying for his merchandise instead of stealing / defacing it.

Is it just me, or can you put anyone in that costume and have them look exactly like Adam West?

X-Men’s Beast

Storm and Archangel. You’ll be seeing more of these two. Especially the one on the left.

Hot Fuzz

The Mod Squad. Or, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), Wonder Woman, and Emaciated Superman.

You get one Klingon. One.

Wolverine and The White Queen

Soundwave and Robotech Jetfire

Phoenix, Wolverine, Deadpool, Lady Shiva, and a tiny, tiny little bit of nip.

The Question and Red Hood

Guy Gardner

• Paul August 2, 2007, 9:02 am

Nice pics, I missed lots of these people. Did you know the storm archangel combo was at Wondercon? I’ve got pics of them on DigitalMonkeyBox’s nerd babe section: http://www.digitalmonkeybox.com/babes_1.htm

• Great White Snark August 2, 2007, 11:55 am

I did know. I caught a picture of them at WonderCon dressed as Cyclops and Storm. According to him, they change costume every day of the convention… sometimes more than once. I don’t get it… I just don’t get it.

Thankfully, I was comforted by your link. Look at all the nice nerd ladies. And now I see why the Thundercats movie is going to CGI instead of live-action. Brrr.

• Paul August 2, 2007, 12:16 pm

lol GWS. I’m glad I could help. I’m going to update it with this con for sure.
    By the way, my lady has floated the idea that she could dress up like the Baroness and I could dress up like Storm Shadow. Coincidently, she is tall, hot, and has dark hair so that would work and I have a storm shadow costume, but you know I’m not sure if I’m ready to make that leap yet.

• Great White Snark August 2, 2007, 12:46 pm

First, congratulations on landing such an awesome lady. I’ve never had a girlfriend who even knew who the Baroness was. Which is part of why they were found lacking and were summarily dismissed. Or something.

You have a Storm Shadow costume? As far as I’m concerned, you’ve already made 80% of the journey, already. Time to take that final step…

And then send me pictures.

• Paul August 2, 2007, 3:03 pm

lol, she didn’t really know who she was until I started geeking over G.I. Joe again, but she’s open to learning new aspects of nerd culture as she’s semi-nerdy herself.

I’d say I’m 60% of the way there. I need to make a new face mask or something for it. I wouldn’t mind fixing up the Cobra emblem and I’d love to make a backpack that the figure had…. oh yeah and the ninja boots are funny because they are spraypainted white ninja boots that had been black and…. I need to lift some more weights heh.

• Niels August 9, 2007, 3:13 pm

One caption says Soundwave and Robotech. While my first reactie is also ‘Robotech’, there is also a transformer called Jetfire. The toy versions are exactly the same. (look up jetfire in wikipedia or something) So I think this one should be labelled Jetfire, based on it’s companion.

• Great White Snark August 9, 2007, 3:22 pm

You know, that’s an excellent point. I was having a conversation about the Jetfire “rip off” just a couple of weeks ago. That could very well be him.

• The Beast September 24, 2007, 11:24 pm

alrite I finally found another con pic of myself

i even got a pic of me and archangel and storm

freaking sweet wish i saw the soundwave and jetfire guy

• Raul October 11, 2007, 8:08 pm

Hi, I will like to email some pictures from san diego comic com.

• Great White Snark October 11, 2007, 8:14 pm

And why is that, Raul?

• tarax59 December 30, 2007, 11:13 pm

Fantasick – I laughed and laughed. I look just like that guy paying for his merchandise when I don that killer grin and green hair – and that other guy, who really does look like Adam West – maybe it’s true. And the Mod Squad are hilarious – I bust a gut at emaciated Superman, and somebody should crown the Guy Gardner guy?! “Let those who worship evil’s might beware my power–Green Lantern’s light!” What a bunch of heroes!

• angel January 6, 2008, 2:22 am

i love the arcangel

• Ang January 26, 2008, 10:21 pm

BENDER! Now that’s class.