3D Batmobile Cake – Geeky Cake of the Week

Looks like I have one less thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. I was going to include ‘my mother’s love’ right before ‘the original Star Wars trilogy’ and right after ‘Kristen Bell’, but obviously my mother doesn’t love me as much as I thought she did.

Otherwise, she would have baked a sweet-ass Batmobile cake for me for my birthday, like Sandra (of Yoda Star Wars Cake fame) baked for her son on his birthday.

What? How old was Sandra’s son? How is that relevant? Don’t look at me like that. You know I hate that look. The one you gave me when I wore my Green Lantern t-shirt to that David Sedaris reading. That dude was boring, anyway. Who was I looking to impress?

What? No, I’m not dodging the question. Why would I dodge the question? What? Fine. Fine.

Sandra’s son was five years old when she made him that cake. Are you happy now? No, I’m not being melodramatic. Yes, I realize my mother deserves better. Geez! Just leave me alone to admire the cake, will’ya?

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS.

• Nima November 20, 2007, 10:00 pm

Those cakes are awesome, but this one is awesomer:

I want.

• Jason - GorillaSushi November 21, 2007, 4:26 am

What, no candles?? Psh…

• Karen November 21, 2007, 4:51 am

Best. Cake. Ever. Who cares if he was 5 years old? LOVE is in the DETAILS.

• Cindi November 21, 2007, 11:01 am

Wow, I really love my son, and I wouldn’t even do this for him. Mostly ‘cuz I don’t know how. And I have a full-time soul-stealing mom-cake-making-preventing job, for chrissakes. So stop looking at ME that way.

• WildKid November 27, 2007, 4:14 am

Really good and really interesting post. I expect (and other readers maybe :)) new useful posts from you!
    Good luck and successes in blogging!

• Housewife101 October 11, 2008, 6:06 pm

hey! i really want to bake a batmobile cake for my son’s birthday! i found yours and wow it’s amazing!! :]
    would you be able to tell me how you made it and how you got the shape etc? it would be a great help, if mine looks half as good as yours i’ll be proud! haha

thankyou

• housewife101 October 11, 2008, 6:08 pm

hey any chance u could tell me how u made this?
    wud be a great help thnx.

btw the cake is amazing – a real skill!!

• Migordiz May 12, 2009, 3:27 pm

I was searching for batmobile fondant cakes and came across this. How do I contact Sandra? please help