Stormtrooper Grooms Cake – Geeky Cake of the Week

Today’s masterpiece comes from Lien of Sacramento, who surprised her fiance with this Stormtrooper groom’s cake just before their wedding in September.

Wowza. Every geek should be so lucky to have a Lien.

Check out the other Star Wars cakes here on Great White Snark.

Lien created the details of the helmet with four separate pieces of fondant. On the inside, there’s cake (duhr), a lemon-flavored treat, and Rice Krispies.

Rice Krispies seem to be pretty popular in these cakes. I wonder when some enterprising cake artisan will try an alternative like Cheerios. Or Count Chocula.

If you ask me why the cake is off-center in these photos, I’d guess it’s because looking directly at an Imperial Stormtrooper might compel you to turn over the plans stored in that R2 unit, give up the location of the secret Rebel base, swear your allegiance to the Emperor, and pee yourself a little.

And no one wants that.

Lien tells me that she has lots of Star Wars fans in her family, and she started a side business making wedding and groom’s cakes in January, so we (you and me) have other impressive Star Wars cakes to look forward to in the coming months. In the meantime, you can check out her other novelty cakes in her Flickr photo set.

Find Star Wars cake pans on Ebay

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS.

You might also like...

• Clyde Fernandes November 28, 2007, 8:02 am

awesome! din’t think i would see a cake like this, beautiful!

• Lien November 28, 2007, 11:46 am

Glad you liked it, Great White Shark!! I snuck off to my friend’s house to make this a couple days before the wedding and forgot my camera. These shots were taken on my treo, hence the quality or lack thereof. The bottom 3 inches was rice krispies because it supports and holds its shape much better than cake. Another geeky detail: We used the Imperial Death March as our recessional music – our guests loved it!!

• (dot)lizard November 28, 2007, 1:34 pm

@Lien: the Imperial death march as recessional music! I am in awe of the geekiness factor of that, and of your pastry-wrangling skills in general.

• Cindi November 28, 2007, 1:35 pm

I think you mean, “surprised her fiance,” not “surprised her finance.” Although, in this economy, who knows.

Amazing cake.

• Great White Snark November 28, 2007, 1:41 pm

Cindi: Thanks, WordPress, for spellchecking that sentence right into nonsense.

• Beth November 30, 2007, 1:25 am

Make one of Chewbacca with Coco Pebbles inside. Now that one I would eat.

• nickolai November 30, 2007, 6:36 pm

Seriously awesome cake. I often wonder what stormtrooper brains taste like. Now I know: rice krispy treats.

• Mrs. Hardie July 23, 2008, 10:05 am

Heehee, so in our family *I* am the Star Wars Geek and while I didn’t have a Storm Trooper Cake (my husband opted for grooms pies) I had “Love Across the Stars” as my aisle song, and the Imperial March as our entrance music… =)

• sasha in russia June 24, 2009, 6:48 am