Reader Poll – Did you enjoy Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

When I gave you the scoop on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot, I said that this highly-polished, entertaining hour of television had officially hooked me with its faithful treatment of the Terminator canon.

And then I believe I said a thing or two about Lena Headey being The Hotness.

I’ve still got a wait-and-see attitude with regard to the promised “reinvention of the Terminator franchise” that will fully develop in future episodes, but I’m more optimistic than ever after watching tonight’s “for air” version of the pilot on Fox.

What say you, good people, now that you’ve had a chance to screen the show? (And don’t forget the next episode airing tomorrow, Monday, night.)

UPDATE: In spite of the popular “eh” sentiment in the poll results, T:TSCC scored the highest-rated broadcast debut among scripted shows in the past three years, and had the biggest debut of this season for a show in any format.  Bionic Woman… it’s not.

[poll=8]

• sir jorge January 13, 2008, 10:50 pm

it bored me, it’s a tv show, i couldn’t get into it, i just couldn’t see past the television set up

• Drew January 14, 2008, 9:23 am

I thought it was pretty good. Although I wanna know how John keeps from looking down his mom’s shirt. YOW!

• Paul January 14, 2008, 10:52 am

I liked it more than I thought it was, but I was really really disturbed me was

*SPOILER* *SPOILER*

that there was a goddamn time machine in a bank. I can’t believe that you could build something that insanely complex using our modern tech in such a limited space without anyone in the bank knowing. It destroyed my suspension of disbelief.

However, if they don’t do anything else with conveniently placed deus ex machinas I’ll be fine.

• Cindi January 14, 2008, 10:52 am

There was no option for “Haven’t seen it, and don’t plan to.”

The San Francisco Chronicle (Tim Goodman) hated it, even though the little man is only sitting in his chair and not totally absent:

• Great White Snark January 14, 2008, 11:41 am

Paul, yeah, that was quite a stretch. That’s what prompted me to say in my review that I hope producers don’t abuse the time-travel plot device. That BS could get old.

Cindi: Talk to me about a review from a real newspaper. ;)

• Cindi January 14, 2008, 3:09 pm

OK, well, the New York Times liked it:
    Is that real enough?

So maybe I’ll give it a chance, if I’ve got nothing better to do and I’ve finished watching my TiVo’d eps of “Tell Me You Love Me” (your favorite show).

• Cindi January 14, 2008, 4:19 pm

It seems that my hubby neglected to TiVo last night’s episode. (Bad hubby!) Can it be download from iTunes or other places?

• Lee January 14, 2008, 4:32 pm

I was just lucky to catch it on last night and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I might actually try to watch it again to see if it gets any better or goes downhill.

• The Jay January 14, 2008, 5:51 pm

I just can’t get passed how much Summer Glau bugged me on Firefly. Every time I see her be bad ass it just makes me think of how batshit crazy she was as River.

Also, I could have done without the Subsititute Teach Terminator dropping a quip bomb on the class instead of hauling ass out the window to kill John. You only quip before you do something cool, not after you miss your target from five feet away then let him escape! Call me when the Governator learns that boy an education.

• Jimmy B. January 14, 2008, 9:59 pm

I liked it. I’m going to give it a chance. Yeah, the time machine-in-a-vault was a bit of a stretch but hey it is science fiction. Maybe we do have the tech but we just don’t know how it together to make it work.
    Another thing if you listen to Art Bell’s cost to cost radio show, time travelers are all around us! I’ve only heard it a little… it’s not like I stay up to listen to it. Really!

• nickolai January 14, 2008, 10:03 pm

The show was entertaining, but only if you don’t think about what a watered-down re-tread of the movies it is.

If this show is to be believed, Skynet is a moron of a super-computer. The 1st two terminators sent back in time didn’t work? Let’s try one more! Idiot.

• Great White Snark January 15, 2008, 3:10 am

The Jay: Glau bugs me in a good, creepy way. That versatile way that can say either “I’m a lobotomized, psychotic killing machine” or “I’m a dispassionate, ass-kickin’ robot.”

Thankfully that distracting and needless quip seemed to be an aberration. An otherwise quip-free episode.

Nickolai: Have you considered that SkyNet <i>is</i> a moron? I bet you haven’t. I just bet.

• RollerKaty January 15, 2008, 9:57 pm

Prior to watching the episode, I was dubious about the completely new cast. How good could a Terminator movie be without the Ahnold? But now I’ve watched both episodes and I am HOOKED!

• Robert January 17, 2008, 4:35 am

I dug it except for the fact that they say that the events of T2 took place 2 years before the show, when in fact it was 5 years. Plus they say that Sarah is 33 which would make her 18 in the first movie. But thats just fanboy nit-picking. Its cool, and Ill still watch.

• Rusignola January 18, 2008, 8:37 am

Highest debut… during a writer’s strike where my choices are “Biggest Loser, DMV Employees Edition” and “Survivor Montserrat”.

Eh, it’s okay. Deb loves it. I love Summer Glau. How can you think that other chick is hot? She’s like a less manly Linda Hamilton.

• Great White Snark January 18, 2008, 12:51 pm

Rusignola: highest rated premiere in the last three years.

Also, that other chick? That’s the same woman whose natural beauty shone as the queen in 300. The wonders of Hollywood makeup (mostly) tone down her looks for T:TSCC.

• Rusignola January 18, 2008, 1:12 pm

It doesn’t matter if it’s three years or ten years… there’s nothing else on, and people are jonesing for any new programming. This must have been what it was like back in the 50’s, when Father Knows Best ran for six years.

• Kelson February 6, 2008, 11:01 pm

On the subject of SkyNet being a moron, I think Terminator 3 provides all the clues necessary: it’s a distributed computing program that makes use of every computer on the Internet…that nukes all the major cities, where most of the computers are located, wiping out 90% of its brainpower.

My verdict on the first few episodes: Not as good as T2, but I’d rather watch it than see T3 again.