Top Ten: What Would Batman Twitter?

Scott Monty (no, he’s not a game show host) floated a pretty clever idea for a meme1 inspired by two of my favorite things: Jeezus and Twitter. (Amen.)

Christian Bale Batman

If you’re unfamiliar with Twitter, it’s a service that allows you to publicly notify your friends and contacts of your daily activities and thoughts in 140-character-or-less updates from your phone, computer, or the Web. Which is ridiculous in theory but addictive in practice.

According to Scott’s idea, you remix Twitter with the classic adage, “What would Jesus do?” (answer: find some disinfectant for those nasty crucification wounds), and throw in your favorite celebrity. Or, “celebritard,” in the case of Paris Hilton or any of the dopes from that Project Runway show you love talking about with your girlfriends.

Hence: “What would Batman Twitter?” Please to be enjoying.

1. there is nothing like the feel of a properly-fitted codpiece
  2. @robin happy 28th birthday. can we stop calling you “the boy wonder” now?
  3. sometimes i wish alfred didn’t know my secret identity. then i could hire a better cook.
  4. joker just escaped again. is it just me, or is the security at arkham asylum really lax?
  5. listening to: Dido. mood: brooding.
  6. @commishgordon just saw the batsignal again. do i need to remind you of my cell number?
  7. has anyone seen where i parked the batmobile? homing device must be low on batteries.
  8. at the monthly status meeting of the justice league. lordy, clark can talk. i need some bat-tylenol.
  9. @catwoman you left some earrings here last night. and your whip. oh, and leash.
  10. random thought: that millionaire playboy bruce wayne guy is one good-looking dude.

1For those of you who live in the “real world,” i.e., not trapped in the wildly insular bubble of Silicon Valley: a meme is “an idea, project, statement or even a question that is posted by one blog and responded to by other blogs.”

If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing to Great White Snark by email or by RSS. It’s free!

• Scott Monty April 2, 2008, 8:48 pm

No, I’m not a game show host. But it’s a profession I have considered from time to time. With the right connections, who knows?

Thanks for continuing the meme.

• Great White Snark April 2, 2008, 8:54 pm

At least you’ve got the name for it, Scott. That’s half the battle.

Thanks for stopping by. (In my other life as a startup entrepreneur, I added you to my feeds, btw.)

• Cindi April 2, 2008, 8:56 pm

Your Batman twitters: Hilarious. I like #5, for some reason.

I have recently become addicted to Twitter as a way to procrastinate from working on my book. Make it stop.

• Nathan D April 2, 2008, 11:43 pm

Oh, come now — what self-respecting geek doesn’t know what a meme is. Are you going mainstream and selling out GWS?

• Great White Snark April 2, 2008, 11:47 pm

Spoken like someone seeing the world through the aforementioned Silicon Valley lens, Nathan. ;)

• Kenny April 2, 2008, 11:49 pm

ROFL! This is a good one!

• Nathan D April 3, 2008, 12:00 am

We’re talking geeks here, man. People for whom STTNG vs. TOS not only is instantly recognized but can spark lengthy debates. I’m just sayin’ — “meme” should be something anyone who is geeky enough to read a Geek Blog should know without prompting ;)

• Great White Snark April 3, 2008, 12:58 am

@Kenny: Thanks, yo.

• Daryl Tay April 3, 2008, 1:22 am

“JLA Watchtower duty again”

“@Boywonder why are you late for patrol duty?”

“One thug pissed in his pants tonight. anyone knows a good drycleaner that can get pee out of spandex?

• Mina April 3, 2008, 7:34 pm

LOL I agree with Cindi in number 5 being the funniest… and then I remember the last Batman movie… What a waste of my time that was! If I wanted to see such brooding guys, I would go read Angel/Spike fanfiction. And, regarding the meme, as a Doctor Who fan (9th and 10th doctors)I already knew what a meme was.
    ***Bad Wolf***

• Great White Snark April 3, 2008, 7:43 pm

Thanks, Mina. If I wanted brooding, I’d watch Moonlight. And then kick myself in the face for it.

• Margie December 25, 2008, 10:11 am

Well, apparently this will destroy any geek cred I might possibly have had, but thank you for the definition of “meme”. People keep tagging me for them without telling me what they are.

And by the way, re: Nathan D’s comment, I can argue TOS vs TNG all day. ;-)