By Great White Snark | July 18, 2008
Somehow, between scripting comic books like Runaways and Buffy, co-writing the in-development Cabin in the Woods film, and producing this coming Fall’s Dollhouse TV show, Joss Whedon found time to put together a few internet-breaking Webisodes of Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.
(Because, as all film-school geeks know: when in doubt, round out your résumé with a low-budget Web-based musical about a wannabe supervillain.)
That’s a pretty full plate of creative demands. Which has got to make you wonder, what does this dude think about when he’s not making show tunes almost-ok for straight dudes to enjoy? What would he Twitter?
By the by, if you’re unfamiliar with Twitter, it’s a service that allows you to publicly notify your friends and contacts of your daily activities and thoughts in quick, 140-character-or-less updates from your phone or computer. Which is ridiculous in theory, but addictive in practice.
- Moving ahead quickly on my latest script. Thank goodness for lesbians, the best answer to writer’s block.
- @NathanFillion: When you were drunk at the Serenity wrap party, you signed a lifetime contract to appear in all of my work. Just FYI.
- Fox wants me to pitch my show to the trades. Too lazy. Told them to copy-and-paste the standard “band of lovable misfits” bit.
- How do I write women so well? A night of “What Not to Wear” on TV and a couple of Appletinis before sitting down to the typewriter. Bliss.
- Brainstorm! New premise: Old West meets deep sea ocean exploration in the future. And everyone curses in Russian.
- My perfect woman: the grace of @SummerGlau, the passion of @ElizaDushku, and the sparkling eyes of @NathanFillion.
- Just saw Cloverfield. Could have used a few musical numbers to liven it up.
- Stylist out of town. Frustrated. This hair doesn’t dishevel itself!
- @SMG Really? Scooby-Doo and Harvard Man, but no Buffy movie? Really?
- Had same nightmare again. People almost discover Serenity and Alien 4 are the same film. Forced to distract them with more lesbians.