Updates: No News, Mobile Rules

Hey, kiddies.  As of right now, I’m discontinuing the weekly “Geek Entertainment News Roundup.” I’m sure most of you will miss it just as much as you miss ABC’s Cavemen, your high school English teacher, your Friendster account, and many other things to which you never really paid much attention in the first place.

This site is about geeky curiosities and original (occasionally amusing) content, so that’s what I’m going to stick to.  (Now featuring twice as many grammatically-incorrect prepositions at the end of sentences.)

Also, as of last week, Great White Snark content is available through 310.TV, the mobile entertainment website.  So, the next time you’re on your cellular phone machine, punching buttons and reading things on a compact-yet-crisp screen, navigate your way over to 310.TV.  You’ll be all, “Hey, it’s Great White Snark, but on my cell phone, instead of my computer.”  And it will be awesome.

• JonnyRotten August 4, 2008, 3:43 am

I for one lament this decision. Your news roundup was one of my favorite features and I looked forward to reading it!

• Patrick D. August 4, 2008, 6:14 am

Dude, that sucks. The weekly round-up was my favorite part. All the news in one nice post. Thumbs down!

• Paul August 4, 2008, 9:17 am

You can always go to DigitalMonkeybox.com for a great weekend news round up….

• Eric Schmiel August 4, 2008, 2:11 pm

aww man, ya kidden me? the round up was my favorite part too.

• Great White Snark August 4, 2008, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback, good reader people. Sorry to disappoint you. These were some of the issues I was having with the News Roundup:

1) It took an inordinate amount of hours every week to collect and prioritize the news and write-up the post. We’re talking the equivalent of a full work day. Just think of all the rockets I could have scienced and brains I could have surgeoned in that time.

2) The Roundups don’t really fit with the theme or tone of the rest of the blog. The tagline up top says “Skewering Geek Entertainment,” and that’s the stuff I most enjoy doing. There wasn’t much room for skewering in the snippets of the Roundup.

3) As Paul mentioned, there are tons of places on the Internet Webs to get your geek entertainment news. If you’re just looking for a roundup of the highlights every day, I’d follow the front page stories on Digg.

Anyway, I hope you folks who enjoyed the Roundup will stick around to enjoy the marvel that is my wit. And if that doesn’t do it for you, there’s always the awesome geeky cakes.

• Mina August 4, 2008, 11:03 pm

I’m gonna miss your news round up BECAUSE it had your humor on it. But I’ll settle with just your wit for now and a slice of geeky cakes to do, please.

• Nathan D August 4, 2008, 11:29 pm

I will now be officially out of touch. You were my last best hope for staying somewhat in touch with my geekdom, GWS. Now I am adrift.