Artist Introduces My Little Pony to Star Wars – Kooky Star Wars Tribute

To me, the true measure of an artist is 1) the blueness of her hair and 2) her ability to transform something completely lame like a G1 My Little Pony into a piece of awesome sci-fi pop culture kitsch using only acrylic paints and a handful of sculpting clay.

Which practically makes Mari Kasurinen (a.k.a. Spippo on deviantART) the Michealangelo of our generation.  Behold her custom My Little Star Wars figures:

My Little Stormtrooper by Spippo
My Little Stormtrooper

My Little Darth Vader by Spippo
My Little Darth Vader

My Little Princess Leia by Spippo
My Little Princess Leia

Now, if Mari’s talents somehow allow her to make something similar out of a Strawberry Shortcake doll, I will find a way to get the Louvre renamed after her.  The Frenchies do not know the force of my will.

Check out Mari’s gallery on deviantART to witness her full collection of custom, geeked-out My Little Ponies, including My Little Alien, My Little Predator, My Little Superman, My Little Batman, My Little Joker, and more.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by or by RSS.

You might also like...

• godius September 26, 2008, 1:56 am

Great article, keep it up. I found you guys via the new website indexing service over at http://www.dignova.com

• Peter Holland September 26, 2008, 2:35 am

Dear Great White Snark

You are a true inspiration to me.

I am going to die my hair blue and change my lame pretty lady sculpts into post-punk-bourgeois-neo-hippy pop culture kitsch. I just have to have one lady with her skirt caught in her pants, and another doing a rude gesture etc etc

I have been thinking of this post-modern ironic direction for some time. The fact there’s no money in it shouldn’t stop me!

• Jen September 26, 2008, 10:03 am

These are freakin’ awesome.

There really should be more art where cuteness and geekdom collide. Here’s hoping Mari does a Star Trek series. ;)

• paul September 26, 2008, 1:21 pm

Dear Peter Holland,

You are a douchebag.

• Peter Holland September 27, 2008, 6:13 am

Thanks Paul, if I knew what that was I might be hurt. I agree with Jen – there definitely should be more collision between cuteness and geekdom. Acually, I predict this to be the future.

• Kaye September 27, 2008, 7:28 am

Is it wrong that I really want the Superman pony she has listed? It’s so freakin’ cute, and the hair reminds me of Christopher Reeve.

I agree Jen, a Star Trek series would be awesome, also I’d like to see a Huntress pony (or maybe Gandalf) :D

• Esbat September 27, 2008, 3:54 pm

Kaye: No its not wrong. And I agree… spot on Reeve likeness.

Peter H.: A douchebag involves scented water inside of a plastic bottles that is inserted into a lady’s no-no place for hygiene purposes. I’m sure someone has used one to make a sculpture or three somewhere.

Paul: Lol

GWS: Best. Ponies. Evar.

• Jeanne September 28, 2008, 6:35 pm

I never saw the fascination with My Little Pony, but these are fabulous! Nice change for the girly gone goth.

• Chelsea September 29, 2008, 12:58 am

Hahaha awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

• pain!pain!pain! December 28, 2008, 7:48 pm

she actually does commission work too!

the alien and predator.. to die for!