Site Search

Sponsors

Arts & Entertainment Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

« | Main | »

Artist Introduces My Little Pony to Star Wars – Kooky Star Wars Tribute

By Great White Snark | September 26, 2008

To me, the true measure of an artist is 1) the blueness of her hair and 2) her ability to transform something completely lame like a G1 My Little Pony into a piece of awesome sci-fi pop culture kitsch using only acrylic paints and a handful of sculpting clay.

Which practically makes Mari Kasurinen (a.k.a. Spippo on deviantART) the Michealangelo of our generation.  Behold her custom My Little Star Wars figures:

My Little Stormtrooper by Spippo
My Little Stormtrooper

My Little Darth Vader by Spippo
My Little Darth Vader

My Little Princess Leia by Spippo
My Little Princess Leia

Now, if Mari’s talents somehow allow her to make something similar out of a Strawberry Shortcake doll, I will find a way to get the Louvre renamed after her.  The Frenchies do not know the force of my will.

Check out Mari’s gallery on deviantART to witness her full collection of custom, geeked-out My Little Ponies, including My Little Alien, My Little Predator, My Little Superman, My Little Batman, My Little Joker, and more.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by email or by RSS.
You may also like these stories:
  • Yes, We Get It: Star Wars Geek Tattoo
  • Sloppy, Much?: Star Wars Back Tattoo [Geeky Tattoo]
  • That’s Something, I Guess: Huge Star Wars Back Tattoo [Geeky Tattoo]
  • Topics: Star Wars, Toys | 12 Comments »

Tags: , , , ,

12 Responses to “Artist Introduces My Little Pony to Star Wars – Kooky Star Wars Tribute”

1. Wavatar godius Says:
      September 26th, 2008 at 1:56 am

Great article, keep it up. I found you guys via the new website indexing service over at http://www.dignova.com
      Grtz,
      Godius

2. Wavatar Peter Holland Says:
      September 26th, 2008 at 2:35 am

Dear Great White Snark

You are a true inspiration to me.

I am going to die my hair blue and change my lame pretty lady sculpts into post-punk-bourgeois-neo-hippy pop culture kitsch. I just have to have one lady with her skirt caught in her pants, and another doing a rude gesture etc etc

I have been thinking of this post-modern ironic direction for some time. The fact there’s no money in it shouldn’t stop me!

Peter

3. Wavatar Jen Says:
      September 26th, 2008 at 10:03 am

These are freakin’ awesome.

There really should be more art where cuteness and geekdom collide. Here’s hoping Mari does a Star Trek series. ;)

4. Wavatar Toy Bender » Blog Archive » Ends and Odds Says:
      September 26th, 2008 at 1:03 pm

[…] In order to increase the My Little Pony coverage around here, I’d like to direct you to Great White Snark’s post detailing some crazy ass […]

5. Wavatar paul Says:
      September 26th, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Dear Peter Holland,

You are a douchebag.

-Paul

6. Wavatar Peter Holland Says:
      September 27th, 2008 at 6:13 am

Thanks Paul, if I knew what that was I might be hurt. I agree with Jen – there definitely should be more collision between cuteness and geekdom. Acually, I predict this to be the future.

Peter

7. Wavatar Kaye Says:
      September 27th, 2008 at 7:28 am

Is it wrong that I really want the Superman pony she has listed? It’s so freakin’ cute, and the hair reminds me of Christopher Reeve.

I agree Jen, a Star Trek series would be awesome, also I’d like to see a Huntress pony (or maybe Gandalf) :D

8. Wavatar Esbat Says:
      September 27th, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Kaye: No its not wrong. And I agree… spot on Reeve likeness.

Peter H.: A douchebag involves scented water inside of a plastic bottles that is inserted into a lady’s no-no place for hygiene purposes. I’m sure someone has used one to make a sculpture or three somewhere.

Paul: Lol

GWS: Best. Ponies. Evar.

9. Wavatar Jeanne Says:
      September 28th, 2008 at 6:35 pm

I never saw the fascination with My Little Pony, but these are fabulous! Nice change for the girly gone goth.

10. Wavatar Chelsea Says:
      September 29th, 2008 at 12:58 am

Hahaha awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Wavatar Cthulhu + My Little Pony = Disturbing Brilliance | Mechazilla Says:
      September 29th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

[…] Source: Neatorama via GreatWhiteSnark […]

12. Wavatar pain!pain!pain! Says:
      December 28th, 2008 at 7:48 pm

she actually does commission work too!

the alien and predator.. to die for!

Comments