Another Inexplicable Batman Back Tattoo – GWS Reader Ink

GWS reader Lewis got a tattoo of the Batman symbol across his back a few weeks ago, and I’ve officially given up trying to understand the purpose of plastering a big, black trademark across your torso.  (See here, here, and here.) I mean, I get it… but I don’t.

Not that I don’t appreciate the wonderfully-batshit (no pun intended) fans who do this kind of stuff.  Keep up the high-quality crazy, people!  Daddy needs blog content.

Batman Tattoo

I had the Batman logo that’s been used for the last few years on my back. Not massive, but I think it’s a decent size.  It’s about 5-6 inches at the top of my back, and sorry, don’t have another pic.

I’m sorry you don’t have another pic, too, Lewis.  Because, hey, it’s not like the ladies have been banging down the door after my last Adsense check and skin is skin, am I right?

No. Not at all. So stop nodding your head.  The only man with the power to turn me gay lost his chance when he took on the lead role in a formulaic CBS ABC show called Castle.

Damn you, Fillion.  It could have been beautiful.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by or by RSS.

• Esbat March 27, 2009, 12:51 am

Hey, thats pretty good. And I’m not a tatoo fan.

• ScarletScribe March 27, 2009, 7:25 am

I don’t think that’s enough of a reason to give up on Fillion. I think you lack commitment, sir.

• addiemae March 27, 2009, 8:01 am

i feel the need to point out that castle is on ABC not CBS. and nathan fillion can do whatever he wants in my book he’s yummy! yes, i said YUMMY. deal with it.

• Westy March 27, 2009, 8:10 am

I have to agree with you, Fillion is enough to turn anyone gay…

And that’s one awesome tattoo.

• nickolai March 27, 2009, 9:23 am

I dont get it, GWS. Don’t you have a similar corporate trademark permanently emblazoned on your skin as well?

Or is there a maximum tattoo size threshold which Lewis crossed, that you find unacceptable?

• You’d go gay for Fillion? Really? Huh…he’s not even that cute.

I usually refer to him as “that guy I always think is Jason Bateman at first, but he isn’t…”

• Movie Meg March 27, 2009, 11:08 am

GWS, there’s one important thing to remember before pursuing Fillion: his fists are not the hammer.

• Great White Snark March 27, 2009, 11:31 am

@shine: It’s not always about the looks, now, is it? Sometimes it’s about the hammer. (Which–as Movie Meg points out–is not his fists.)

Or so I hear. From the people with the sexual orientation that is not mine.

• FictionalKnight March 27, 2009, 3:40 pm

oooh! Okay, seriously, this one is really, really nice! (and speaking as someone who also has a Bat-logo tattoo – two, even – I think anyone who has enough love for a superhero to get their logo or their likeness tattooed on their body *totally* rules!)

• Hehe. The hammer.