The Mopiest Batman Tattoo You’ll Ever See – Geeky Tattoo

Ever wonder what Batman would look if someone hit him with an emo stick?  Well, the particularly-inquisitive three of you who answered in the affirmative are in luck.  J.J. sent me an awesome photo and description of her Batman tattoo that are worth one-thousand words.

Mopey Batman Tattoo

Actually, the description has about seventy words, so that means the photo’s worth nine-hundred-thirty.  Which is still pretty good.

My Bat is classic Jim Lee-era comic style, blue and grey, long pointy ears. He’s clutching his cape like a security blanket, biting his lip whilst crying, and listening to his iPod on very large audiophile headphones. He is overwhelmingly sad. His parents are gone, and he only has the gadgets (and Alfred) to keep him warm. Sometimes he listens to Dashboard Confessional, and the sobbing just won’t end.

Totally. Batman created a Genius playlist in iTunes based on The Cure’s “Pictures of You.”

Find Batman comics by Jim Lee on Ebay

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by or by RSS.

• Christina April 23, 2009, 4:30 am

What surprises me is not that someone might conceive this drawing… but that someone would want to carry it around on their arm for all eternity. >_<

• Great White Snark April 23, 2009, 4:00 pm

I don’t think you people are giving credit where it’s due. JJ has created a lasting tribute to irony using her body as the canvas.

I’d be right there with her if Jewish God hadn’t already saddled me with this gigantic nose.

(The nose is ironic because the rest of me is sized perfectly. If you know what I’m saying.)

• JJ April 23, 2009, 7:02 pm

Hey now, this was my entire childhood. Not only is it exactly the way Batman was in my head (sad, emotional child with no friends and a love of technology), but it was the way I grew up, minus the oprhan issue. Also, I wasn’t a billionaire.
    How’s that for emo?
    As far as “carrying it around for eternity”, my life will hardly be eternity, just a few more decades. I am nowhere near haughty enough to think that my life will be forever, nor that my art will stand the test of time. My artist, Carla Hopkins of NoKaOi in Philadelphia is amazingly talented, and I’m proud and honored to have her art on my body.
    Thanks, GWS. (:

• Westy April 24, 2009, 9:52 am

I’ve had a pretty crap life, my Dad walked out when i was a baby, raised in a squallid little flat, never had any friends, bullied constantly for the entireity of my school life, and generally treated like crap by everyone around me. To top that off, I’ve failed my college exams *again* today which puts my job at risk.

It gets me down, alot, but I don’t see why people celebrate crying about things and model a lifestyle on it. I’ve always just had to prevail with everything. That’s exactly what I’m going to do monday morning when I have to face my boss over these results.

Besides, Batman is more of a resilient character…

• shezcrafti April 28, 2009, 7:16 pm

It was a toss-up between Batman and Spider-Man on my list of totally emo movie heroes http://tr.im/jLm4.

• HA! July 19, 2009, 6:49 am

Batman would punch this guy in the dick for even CONTEMPLATING the Dark Knight as emo.