Anime Harry Potter Tattoo. Oh, and Some Side-Boob. – Geeky Tattoo

I receive the most delightful/unnerving/occasionally-sticky notices in incoming email receptacle. (Which is why I always have hand-sanitizer at the ready.)

Take this item from Lady Aslan*, a self-described writer “of Gothic poems and short magical stories,” who sent me a picture of her anime-style Harry Potter tattoo, complete with clutched side-boob.

Anime Harry Potter Tattoo

I got a Harry Potter caricature today on my rib cage ( can we say ouch ) at I Drive Tattoo in Orlando, my artist’s name is Lance Norris….

anyway I got the tattoo mainly because I think Harry Potter is just KICK ASS and not since Tolkien and Lewis and let’s not forget Carroll ( in my humble opinion ) have we had such an in-depth world created down to the little unique things like the characters, creatures, and objects…JK put a great deal of time into these epic novels and I just think its great that a woman wrote this and created a whole other world….being a writer myself, it gives me hope that maybe I can kick ass and take names in the future with my dark writes…besides we all need a little magic in our life~

I don’t know if I’d put her on par with Tolkien, but J.K. Rowling has indeed created quite a compelling fantasy world with the Harry Potter books. Or so I’ve been led to understand by half-watching the first three films on cable.

But if you wanted a Harry Potter tattoo evocative of kick-assedness, why opt for a frowny-faced, anime-style caricature with big, doe-like eyes and a fluffy haircut tickling a crease of boob?  Not that it’s not a well-executed tattoo.  But even 12-year-old, Hello Kitty-loving, Japanese schoolgirls would be reluctant to call it “kick ass.”

I’m just sayin’.  Because I speak on behalf of 12-year-old Japanese schoolgirls everywhere.

* No, seriously. That’s her name. Just check out the byline on her book, Victorian Days and Punk Rock Nights, on Amazon. She even goes by “Ladyaslan,” but I don’t support the misspelling of completely made-up names.

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by or by RSS.

• Jess May 15, 2009, 12:58 pm

Uh, he has no scar…

• Teri May 15, 2009, 2:02 pm

..and blue eyes instead of his green eyes just like his mother’s.

• Alex May 16, 2009, 10:19 am

It makes no sense. She lists my all time favorite authors, but that hot mess does not fit in!
    Curiouser and curiouser…
    I just don’t get anime.

• nickolai May 17, 2009, 6:35 pm

side boob is definitely in my top five boob vantage-points.

• Syd May 18, 2009, 7:37 pm

I LOVE this tattoo…and Ladyaslan I have her book and that “IS” how you spell her name. I want a HP tattoo and this is not animie its a caricture BIG difference

• Adahyb May 18, 2009, 7:40 pm

I see booby or at least part of it NICE I am in the process of ordering her book. SHE IS HOT and tattooed and that is all good for me~ and its actually a GREAT piece of art or umm inked art everyone should order her book!

• Great White Snark May 19, 2009, 11:36 am

@Syd Apparently, no… there isn’t a big difference between “caricture” [sic] and “animie” [sic].

Perhaps “manga” would have been more accurate. Or, “mango,” as you might have put it.

• Laura E. May 19, 2009, 11:05 pm

I think it’s cute (yes, *cute*). I used to draw little cartoons of Harry Potter characters on my notes when I was in high school… they were nothing like this one, though. I am, like the above commenter, disappointed both at the lack of scar and his non-green eyes — two glaring oversights in the HP universe. Not to mention the fact that his outfit is based on the movies, not the books… but now I’m just getting picky. I love the books, but don’t care too much for the films.

And you should read the books. No, really. They’re incredibly different from the movies. And if you, like me, love heroes of all sorts of shapes and sizes (my personal favorite shape and size being of the Spiderman variety), you’ll enjoy them.

• sorry May 21, 2009, 6:14 pm

Not to be a total tool, really, but his eyes are green, and he def should have a scar, even in chibi form.

• Jasmin May 21, 2009, 8:28 pm

I think the tattoo is cool ( i have none myself )well really I think it does KICK ASS but who cares what the eye color is nor the scar on the head….its what the person wants that counts. We just have opinions, which is good, but we cannot say how or what a tattoo should look like on someone else because its NOT our body nor our desire…besides for all we know “his” hair could be covering the “scar” everyone is “too” critical over things that have nothing to do with thier / our own selves…ROCK ON Ladyaslan…plus I have heard of her…through my cousins…it seems she is quite the poet and very unique and from my own research ( on her ) she is quite active in the community with Habitat for Humanity and PETA and other charities. From what I have found out she is an outstanding young lady and her beauty amazes me { inside and out} so CHILL OUT ha-ha…since she is an author I would bet she has indeed read the books…but who am I to say…

ROCK ON Ladyaslan…btw LOVE that psyuedom

• Jasmin May 21, 2009, 8:49 pm

one more thing…not to be a total pain but I am leaning towards this tattoo being more caricture than Anime…both art forms are very similar BUT a caricture is more pointed as to offer an impression of the original which was more striking than a portrait and Anime is more ( to me ) a stylistic element(s) that are common to conventional anime as well, but more often used in comedies. Characters that are shocked or surprised will perform a “face fault”, in which they display an extremely exaggerated expression…the character of Potter is very sullen NOT “surprised” or “funny” So I understand where Syd is coming from…seems the Great White Snark is “maybe” slamming Ladyaslan and the tattoo because he/she might not understand it or is has some weird persoanl vendetta against someone he / she has never met. I understand this is a very tonuge and cheek blog BUT what you wrote seemed just rude ( compared to the rest on here )…and my 12 yr old cousin thought is was the coolest thing he’d ever seen…just saying…don’t want to start a war, but out of all the blogs I have read, this was very mean spirited towards her and the tattoo…not to mention ( again not wanting to start a war ) but “Hello Kitty” tattoos are BIG now, my sister and her friend ( who are over 30yrs old ) have a sleeve of Hello Kitty and from what I am told, Hello Kitty is very popular and the Harry Potter tattoos are VERY popular OUTSIDE the US…so maybe that is why you don’t see the coolness in this art…

Just trying to influence different thoughts NOT change minds or opinions~

• jasmine May 27, 2009, 1:50 pm

love tat

• Great White Snark May 27, 2009, 2:25 pm

@jasmine Is that a declarative statement, or the name of your band?

• sara February 24, 2010, 7:33 pm

that is sooooooooo cute dude loooooooooooooooove it. lol but lily had green eyes and he dosen’t and what no scar come’on the dark lord would be angry no more could he make harry’s head hurt and harry couldn’t tell when danger was coming that scar is a must need. others wise lov the tat, RIB CAGE YOUVE GOT BALLS.

• Steve January 6, 2011, 7:38 pm

You had me at side-boob.

• Blare March 6, 2011, 2:20 pm

I don’t think she even read the books…
    Blue eyes? That’s insulting.

• Hidders March 28, 2011, 10:32 am

*rolls eyes at some of the comments*

The tattoo is from a very well known fanart that AuroreBlackCat did in 2005. The real art does have the scar and green eyes but it seems that this woman didn’t want it like that. Eh, she can just say that it’s Albus-Severus or James I.