Star Trek Pasties. Aaaand there goes my libido.

Ok, I’m calling it. 11:36pm on August 27, 2009:

Star Trek is no longer cool.

Star Trek Pasties

Yeah, I bet you thought the halo effect from the shiny, rebootified movie would last bit longer, eh?

Nope. Not so much. Apparently forty years of camp, kitsch, and cheese aren’t so easy to shake off. As soon as I saw these Star Trek burlesque pasties on Etsy and felt my face curl into a scowl of disdain, I knew the party was over.

No offense to the surely-fine craftsmanship or to this lovely, misguided woman sporting a starship Enterprise in her hair. (By the way… yikes on that Enterprise hair clip. As far as deal-killing accessories go, that’s just a smidgen less de-rousing than a foreskin-chain necklace.*)

Find Star Trek costumes on Amazon. If the prospect of attracting my scorn interests you.

* Oh, yeah. I went there. A little insight into my mind for you: Whenever I try to think of something that’s really awful, the answer always starts with “foreskin.”

Enjoy this post? Subscribe to Great White Snark by or by RSS.

• nickolai August 28, 2009, 12:00 pm

Wow. I really didn’t need that to start off Friday morning…

• Scarlet August 28, 2009, 12:08 pm

These could be made into something sexy if you adjust the size of the pasties and get a model that isn’t a man in drag. (Yes, that is a man: scope the adam’s apple)

• Kat August 28, 2009, 1:55 pm

Scarlet women have adam’s apples but the make up is bad. It could be sexy if the model was uh sexy. The bad eyebrows, shoddy make up, and craptastic wig?

Either way woof. Not the good woof. The woof that makes me want to vomit. Those aren’t pasties, those are too big. Way. Too. Big.

• Gothfox Designs September 2, 2009, 10:14 am

Brutal Reviews.. ouch..
    BTW these were designed before the new movie came out and the size has been reworked so they aren’t so large.
    New model pics are coming soon. Sorry you were so turned off by the current ones but the model is fabulous person and awesome burlesque performer.

xoxo

• Great White Snark September 2, 2009, 1:34 pm

Gothfox, as I mentioned, no offense was intended on my part to your craftsmanship or to your model.

My issue is mostly with Star Trek. For which I assume you hold very little responsibility. (?)

• Gothfox Designs September 3, 2009, 9:16 am

No worries my comment was mostly aimed at your readers.

I had nothing to do with star trek ;) But i wouldn’t mind having the money involved with it. lol