Comic-Con 2010 Costumes Gallery – Day 1, Part 3

Closing out the set of photos of costumes from the first day of Comic-Con 2010.

Captain Eo CostumeMe: “Who are you?” Him: “Captain Eo.” Me: “Oh, I didn’t see it right away. Because you’re not Michael Jackson.” Him: “Yeah, I’m not black. Um. Or white.”

Slave Leia CostumeSlave Leia costume. And he’s dressed as the most popular kid in his school.

Halo CostumesHalo blah blah?

Warhammer CostumeWarhammer costume. I know I’ve been going to Comic-Con for too long because I know I’ve seen him at least once before.

Joker and Harley Quinn CostumesJoker and Harley Quinn costumes. A.k.a., “Ok, so we’ve got some white make-up. What can we do with it? Borg? No. Vampires? No. What’s left?”

Joker, Harley Quinn, Batgirl CostumesBatgirl, Joker, and Harley Quinn costumes. TOO JOLLY.

Princess Mononoke CostumeHe’s a tree from Princess Mononoke that has spirits in it. No joke. And if you can decipher what I just said, congratulations.

Chun Li CostumeMini-Chun Li costume.

Crazy CostumesHello.

Final Fantasy Rikku CostumeRikku costume from Final Fantasy. Similar, but different.

Steampunk CostumeSure, it’s just regular old steampunk, but… wrist-mounted crossbow. Yeah. So. She gets a pass.

Sexy Steampunk CostumeAnd the future ex-Mrs. Great White Snark gets a pass for her otherwise-unremarkable steampunk costume, too. Obviously.

Ghost Rider CostumeHello, Giant Ghost Rider, my old friend.

Lady Patriot CostumeHelp me out here, people. American Maid and Sewer Urchin from The Tick. [wink, point, click!] to everyone who helped out on Twitter, Facebook, and in the comments.

Steampunk CaptainDrunk steampunk boat captain costume. (I’m guessing.)

Indiana Jones CostumeIndiana Jones costume.

Super Mario Bros CostumesSuper Mario Bros. costumes. Of adorableness! Keep it up, you two. Thankfully, most relationships are glued together based on an ability to look good in matching-theme costumes.

Captain Mal Reynolds Costume“Hey, Giant Captain Mal Reynolds, can I get a picture?”

• Jason July 23, 2010, 10:42 am

Number 14 looks to be American Maid and Sewer Urchin from the Tick.

• ThePirateStar July 23, 2010, 10:51 am

Pic #14 is American Maid and Sewer Urchin from The Tick cartoon. American Maid is holding Handy, a puppet much like the Ventriloquist’s Scarface. Handy is seen with The Human Ton.

I thought #15 might by Dracula from Castlevania because of the coat… and the beard but I could be wrong.

• MyNoNos July 23, 2010, 10:56 am

Why is that kid staring at Indy’s genitals?

• Johnathan Browning July 23, 2010, 10:59 am

Okay here’s what I can tell
    #3 is ODST(Orbital Drop Shock Troopers)
    #9 is Team rocket’s Jessie and Growlithe(Girl in Orange) & Turtwig
    #18 is ether Rocketman from the old movie(look it up awesome movie: Guy finds rocket uses it to defeat Nazis and save girl) or hes Nathan Drake(form Uncharted)

• Jeff the Person July 23, 2010, 11:34 am

Quite right, PirateStar. However, in doing my best to be a dick, I have to disagree on the identity of the wooden puppet. In keeping with The Tick theme, I think that’s actually Little Wooden Boy, the Tick’s handmade sidekick that temporarily replaced Arthur.

• Jeff the Person July 23, 2010, 11:40 am

Missing word there – in keeping with The Tick “superhero” theme.

• ThePirateStar July 23, 2010, 5:20 pm

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen the show (sadface), and I concur I am wrong on the identity.

• Jeff the Person July 23, 2010, 8:01 pm

Sad face indeed. Apologies if I came off as pedantic. Let us all agree on two things: 1) Bracken probably would have known who they were (snark!), and 2) Spoon!!!!!

• Sara July 26, 2010, 8:03 am

I know exactly what you’re talking about with the tree from Princess Mononoke. So thank you for your congratulations.

• JMiller July 26, 2010, 9:16 am

@ 4, First of all its the Rocketeer, and second of all that is definitely Mal from Firefly/Serenity.

• JMiller July 26, 2010, 10:29 am

@ 4, Dude its the Rocketeer not Rocketman, and that isn’t even him, its definitely Mal from Firefly/Serenity.

• JMiller July 26, 2010, 10:30 am

Weird, it wasn’t showing my first comment now it is, sorry for the double post.

• meek_the_geek July 27, 2010, 8:32 pm

Thank you for posting these every year. You make my post-Con hangover easier to bear. I love it.